ok...first of all the "throwback" mountain dew is delicious.

Second....the bees from all over my yard love it. I put 2 little glass containers up where no other animals could get into them (hooks screwed into the side of my garage...up too high for the local cats, and the bottlenecks are too narrow for the local birds...) and mixed throwback mt dew with used antifreeze and i have little glass jars filled with dead bees.

Repeating the process provided the same results the next day. Dead bees all over the place.

The wife also bought a cutter-brand "yellow jacket trap" that is supposed to attract and kill the queen. So far a bunch of dead paper wasps are all i see in there, but other bees are certainly attracted to it. Had to dodge, duck, dip, dive and dodge to keep from getting stung when i went to inspect the 3 different set-ups in the yard yesterday, so i went after dark to check them out and yup...all 3 are working.

I'm quite proud of my throwback mt dew trap. Gives me an excuse to buy a few more cases of that sweet, sweet nectar. Why did they ever start using corn syrup instead of this awesome old stuff they used to use....i think they call it sugar.

Trying to help with 7.5 Acres in the Chain of Lakes Illinois
- -
The fish would stay out of trouble if it could just keep its fool mouth shut.
Turns out there is a lot I should be learning from the fish.