I do. I think the fish truck driver, in this case, didn't totally do his job. He showed up in the middle of the night and was in the process of simply releasing the fish before the property manager stopped him. The guy didn't have a pump and bucketed water from the lake. He was fatigued and just didn't do his job.
I think if the shad had a better opportunity when they were stocked, the results might have been different.
But, the bottom line is that the lake has a low pH, ranging from 5.3 to as low as 4.9, is flowing rapidly and flushing the lake.
At the same time, with this feeding program, I have watched native species of creatures (most of which don't come to the feeders) thrive as well.
I may try to convince these guys to try one more load and make sure they get here in the daylight with someone on the truck that knows what's going on.
Let that be a warning to all buyers of fish. There's a chain of events that occur. If something goes wrong in any link of that chain, fish don't survive. They must be healthy and collected properly, treated well in the holding tanks, digestive systems cleaned out, handled properly when loaded, tempered at each step, loaded at the right density in the compartments on the truck, hauled with the right amount of oxygen, tempered on site and handled as gently as possible while unloading. Lots of steps.
What was the question? \:\)

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...