Well, I got a pm from jignpig.
We've spooked him off with our skepticism.
I, for one, was intrigued to hear what he's done and how he's grown those monster fish.
Maybe he'll reconsider.
In his pm, he shared a few of his techniques and I have no doubt he knows what he's doing. He's just willing to work at it harder than most people are. He's done some extremely thoughtful culling, learning how to read his fish and figure out which ones are young, fast growing fish and which ones aren't. He figured out some techniques to use competition between fish to teach some of his fish how to eat artificial feed instead of doing it the traditional ways we are all used to.
He's figured out how to manage his natural food chain in the best ways to feed his targeted fish.
It would have been a good out-of-the-box strategy to learn. He's kept a meticulous journal and has used a deeper line of thought than most people.
He's a father, husband and worker first, pond manager fourth. He doesn't type fast and it takes time for him to post. When he reads how we want him to cut to the chase over something he's passionate about, he feels the need to not do it...same when we infer 'fact or fiction'.
While this isn't designed to be an admonishment, it's sad to me on two fronts. One, we live in a fast food society and tend to be impatient with people. Two, it bothers me when someone gets their feelings hurt even the tiniest bit, over something we think is fundamentally trivial.
He should get past the comments and post his thoughts.
We should all be more thoughtful how we talk through our keyboards.
I should probably keep my keyboard-based mouth shut on this one.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...