Originally Posted By: jolson46
Thanks for the comments guys:) I would probably do a lined pond.
Actually 100 ft by 50-60 width would be pretty close. 8-10 ft deep. Also, we have a drain field to work around unfortunately.
Any thoughts on other cold water fish as we are in WI.

Are you sure a pond of that dimension would be 1/4th acre? I have three ponds that are about 90 by 45 and they are only 1/10th acre each.

I had two of them put in side by side for 4 grand.

With a pond that size I would seriously consider a one sex pond as in female only yellow perch or male only bluegills, or hybrid bluegills. Not big enough for many bass of any size.

If you want to run the expense of running a well into it 24/7 in summer, and it has steep sides, you could keep trout year around. I've done that for years although I am taking a break from it for various reasons. Are you sure you need a liner?

Smaller is better with a trout pond as it's easier to keep cool as you don't have to run as much well water into it. Eight feet is all you need if it's steep sided enough.

I've rotated from the back left one to the one that is partially obscured right behind the house for a trout pond.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 03/21/10 12:15 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.