Hope it was of some help.

Thailand is a place to bargain for your goods and services. Almost everything is negotiable and almost all tangible merchandise is knocked off. Tourism has been down and above backpacker level visitors will be highly prized. So the key phrase is "Do you discount?"

Drink 3 times as much water as you think necessary and take 3 times as many pictures as you think are necessary.

When walking you need to watch up, down and side ways Bangkok is one of the most walk unfriendly places in the world.

Traffic is wrong sided but that doesn't mean that just because they are expected to drive on any particular side of the road that they will, that includes sidewalks and wet markets. Right of way is granted to the largest vehicle entering the area where right of way may become an issue. Pedestrians are just about the same level as dogs when found in the street. So approach street crossing as a challenge and a serious one at that.

My hard line phone in Chumphon is 077622853 and I will be in Bangkok during part of your stay, so if I don't answer at that number call 0892062042 or 02437 9751 if you have any problems or questions. Don't hesitate to call, my Skype is allcladrad.

I may not be able to get you out of prison, but I can get you a better room.

1/4 & 3/4 acre ponds. A thousand miles from no where and there is no place I want to be...
Dwight Yoakam