Alright, so I'm way late to this thread.

In previous threads, I was just trying to help quickly with a simple solution. If I had a picture, I knew how to post it and was willing to help out a fellow forum member by doing that for them. I did not realize how frustrating it was for them or that they had many many more pictures they wished to have posted onto the forum. If I'd known this I would have shown them how to do it. It really is easy, just takes a little practice. Since it was my mistake before in not 'teaching a man to fish to feed him for life' I will do so now… and try not to be such an enabler in the future. \:D

Go to an image upload webpage, like Photobucket (photobucket.com). Create an account (really easy). Open an album and go to this page...

Click 'Choose Files' to find a picture loaded on your computer and upload it. It will upload automatically. Once it's done, you'll have the option to name it, tag it, whatever. Do that if you want (I never do) and go back your album. You will see the picture there, a thumbnail. This is what it will look like...

See where my cursor is? You hover over that one that starts with IMG, click it so it's highlighted. Copy it (CTRL+C). Then go to your post and paste it (CTRL+V). And there it should be... That's all I ever do... Hope it helps.

EDIT - And actually this is an older tutorial I did on another message board. Photobucket is even more user friendly after a more recent upgrade to the process.