To follow up my original post.

I think what a few have said is correct: If the site cost money to start with, I wouldn't have become involved. That being said, now that I am involved I would be sad not to.

Would it be possible to sell ad space on the site? Currently I see no ad's and generally advertisers will pay for that space. This site probably gets enough traffic to keep some people interested in having ad space on it.

As far as picture posting, it seems pretty standard to how pictures work on forums. I don't think I have ever been a part of a forum where it wasn't necessary to host your photo's elsewhere and link them.
Maybe a video of how to do it would be helpful. If that is the case, I would be willing to make one for the site. It wouldn't be very difficult at all.

Thread hijacks- I can see how some people would be frustrated by it, but in my opinion it is what makes a forum interesting, is people letting their personality come out. I suppose if someone had a question they were very concerned about becoming answered they could simply note at the beginning of their post "Please do not hijack." I for one have grown honored to have my posts hijacked, as it makes me feel like a connected part of the group. Then again, I don't have any money resting on answers to my questions.

I suppose if it really is an issue, we could have a "Super Serious" forum, where we only allow for very serious answers and no fun? (no disrespect intended)

All in all, of all the forums I have been a part of, this is the friendlies, most informative, and most enjoyable forum I have found. On no other forum do I know of a group of people so willing to help one another on a personal level, be it finding a home for Mason, or praying for one anothers' families.

I totally understand needing finding a way for the forum to support itself better, I just think maybe there are better ways then charging for access to the site.

Thanks.