That is a lot of options and I am not sure I understand them all.

A few thoughts.

Is the goal lots of participation from many with the idea that a low % will subscribe or low participation with higher % of sales (Wal-Mart or Tiffany )

When I first go to a web site/forum if it costs or requires to much info I leave - not interested. So ease of initial entry is a key to finding new people.

If extra info is available for a small cost like a pod cast on special subject I don't mind paying for that.

Different levels of cost associated with different levels of product are a good option. X$ for the mag and X+ for extras like pod casts , access to back issues on line , direct line to a pro's opinion (email), and others.

Easy finding of info is key. The archives was our first attempt at that but most don't seem to go there. Part of that is that the FAQ section at the top covers stuff other than info. A bit confusing. Changing the names would help.

A searchable index to the mag issues as a forum heading may result in more sales of back issues.

I have no problem with the search function but others do. Sometimes I get strange results but can usually find stuff. Often though if one searches for a common theme like BG growth rate you get all the results for BG , growth and rate (so much that it is useless). Remembering key words in a thread are the most useful concept in my search attempts. That however for a newer member is not worth much as they don't recall the thread as they were probably not involved.

I also like a paper copy as it is mobile and not dependant on the computer or net. Having a member # for an extra charge which gives access to mags on line in a searchable format is an idea.

Posting pics is not so hard but it could be easier. I am highly concerned with 2 aspects of the pics. First when a pic posting member takes down the photos (either himself or because his host goes away) it greatly harms the thread. Second the failure of the host would destroy many of the threads here. Think of the effect if photobucket went away - out of business or started charging its customers forcing them to quit.

The Forum is a good sales platform for those selling services here (indirectly) but how is that quantified and is the cost made up by PB through other means?

A forum heading "pod casts" or "services" which take the viewer to a pay PB site with options is one idea. Keep in mind that many people don't use pay pal type services and others will not put a credit card # on line. Id theft is serious with many thousands of credit and debit card #s and pass words being stolen and used.

More later after some thought.