I have a pond site that has 2 issues. First and biggest is one feeder drain gets run-off from a waste water lagoon that is grey in color..This past summer some nice beavers decided to make a dam and show me what my pond would look like.. needless to say it grow a great green scum layer and lots of duck weed.. and even during this winter is has visibility of less than 8 inches on a good day. I assume this is from the high nitrogen content of the water coming into the system from the lagoon.
How can the issue of water run off be handled? I am in louisiana. Is the owner of the property responsible for the downstream content of the water? Is there room for a law suit to force him to remove nitrogen from the water prior to discharge?
the second issue is size of the water shed. I have about a 400 acre watershed and and with heavy rains have a lot of water moving thru the system. How big of a pond would i need to build on this site? there isnt much elevation change so it will largely be an excavated pond.
Thanks
Bryan