Originally Posted By: DocFish
HI
Greg said we shouldn't use the HYBRIDS.. I remember genetics class back in the day and kind of lean towards the natural selection approach.

No offence with hybridization technique except.... that's all it seems to be to me at this point.. Biology is a non exact science that's why I love it, but you learn from the mistakes of other's.
Greg recommended the black crappie ,...which i pondered as well but .. couldn't refute so ... black crappie it is. I asked him the hybrid /black crappie mix question too ... outcomes are predictable. ....but i am one of those unpredictable types:) what if ???????????

I always hated the fruit fly lab:) Genetics was a "perfect " science that I believed in until my aunt started raising the Pekingese dog's:) lol .. And yes if I wanted I do have supposed access to a hybrid crappie supplier.

The scant research available suggested the hybrid characteristics fit my pond scenario well, but each pond is obviously a different story. GG will lead you well - this I know - and I am anxious to learn how your project moves forward. Please keep us up to date - this is valuable for the forum!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]