I think the age or how old question misses the point. I was duck hunting up where duckdude works in a blind with a guide behind us calling them in. The guy I am hunting with has never taken a hunter safety course, is unfamiliar with his weapon. I took one when I was 15, was brought up around them and have the utmost respect for every weapon and the damage they can do in the wrong hands. So we are sitting there between flocks and out of the corner of my eye I see him fumbling around with his auto. Was jammed. I personally love my Browning BPS 12 guage 3" wetlands pattern, but to each his own. My pump never jams. Pretty soon boom. My heart stops, an accidental discharge. I can tell because he was fumbling around, there were no birds, and the shocked look on his face. I immediately look at our guide who is also one of my best friends to make sure he is ok. My heart gets going again and I say what the ----? I will never sit in a blind with that man again. And I say man, he is in his early 40's. It is not always about age.

Safe hunting is no accident.

Last edited by The Pond Frog; 02/12/10 12:08 PM.