Thats a great it depends question. And it really depends on both the parents and the kids. Both. My cutoff is age 10. And even with the bb gun it is all of the rules, do not load until you are ready to fire. Safety always on, until you are ready to fire. Always point the weapon downrange. Always know what is behind your target, and is there any chance of ricochet. Never let your little brothers play with it or go down range. And I am always there. None of these rules applied to me, but I was raised out in the country. Plus I am normally out on customers ponds out in the boonies. If there was ever it depends question, this is it. And the boys just love the bb gun, even shooting at stick on red targets.

It's strange because my father was a recoiless rifle, heavy mg trainer during Korea. He had a guy on another range shoot a burst when another instructor and a sarge were down range, nailing them both. It stuck with him forever. He just got this blank expression on his face when he told that story. If anyone ever preached firearm safety with conviction it was him.

Last edited by The Pond Frog; 02/12/10 11:02 AM.