I was hoping that if I aerated in the deepest part, only at night, that it would work. If not, they'd be goners anyway. I'll try and leave 10 goldens in there (easier to spot) and what else I can't catch out by the time the water turns 70*.

Ice fishing for a bit yesterday yielded no BG, just trout. I caught 2 RBT, then 3 Goldens (which were released). No bites for an hour, so I hoofed it over to the neighbor's pond that he said I could use as a forage pond. 3" of ice roughly 10' from shore. I tried walking out further, but retreated quickly when the ice cracked underfoot. 10' from shore, the water depth was 18".

When I got back to my pond, I drilled a few more holes and bunced around between them. I caught 3 more RBT and 2 more Goldens (released). The only way that I could get them interested was to bounce the jig off of the bottom, then lift it up 6" or less. They took it as it was paused at the top of the lift. Just jiggling it 6" off of the bottom resulted in no takers, they wanted it bounced on the bottom first.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).