Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Todd,

Yes definitely keep us posted. As you may know I too have prolific Chara but I haven't decided if I want to plant Tilapia yet. If this economy keeps tanking I may not be able to afford any fish!

Yeah, I think I remember you posting about that at one point, Cecil. Rex and I talked for a good while on it and I'm really anxious to see what effect they have. As much as anything, I'm hoping they'll nail the watermeal while they're providing forage for my BG and LMB. I'd love to see my LMB grow a little bit, though I really enjoy the impact they have on the BG, which are all a decent size, though no lunkers like so many of you guys have grown.

I'm actually also really looking forward to eating a bunch of the tilapia. Going to have to read up again on the techniques some of you guys use to catch them.

Adding these fish is my first real effort at managing either pond, so I'm looking forward to learning about the impact and seeing what lessons I take away from the experience. I may actually feel like a real pondmeister after next summer!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB