Originally Posted By: JKB
I would go with, "the hunter got all geek-ed up and transmitted an improperly placed bullet theory" Too clean to be a vehicle accident.

I wish someone could go out and cut that tendon. That is horrible, even if it is a game animal. They deserve some Dignity and Respect, while being properly harvested.

I'm having a hard time visualizing how a single bullet would cut all the skin.

I agree, I would cut the tendon if I could. Season is over, and I doubt that the DNR would look kindly at me if I put it down. I had a doe a couple of years ago with a lower leg that was broke clean off a couple inches below the knee. Over the course of a few months, the skin atrophied back to the joint, and the lower bone fell off at the joint. This happened around this time of year as well. In the Spring I got a pic of her with a fawn, and the next year she had twins. I saw her later that year during shotgun season, but I thought that she was such a survivor, that she should pass those traits on. I haven't seen her this year yet, but a neighbor has seen her.

Ric, those are some monsters! Do you know if any of them were taken?

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).