LOL@this thread.

You're right Cecil, Far too many "studies", and way too much of the literature on tilapia is simply BS, and you don't need to look very hard to see it. \:\( What will tilapia consume? From what customers have said, and what I have observed, dang near anything it can, if it gets hungry enough, including each other. IIRC, someone here tossed in an FA covered piece of cedar branch. They weren't surprised when a few minutes late all the FA was gone, but were more than surprised a week later to discover the branch had been eaten (perhaps they will chime in). Unfortunately, some of the best results seen, and some pretty dang funny stories can't be disclosed. It could cause...uhhh....issues \:\( \:o

Hopefully, at the end of this years stockings, there will be some hard, provable, data on what they can, can't, will, and won't do in a VERY wide range of observations. It's still in the very early stage, but I believe there are up to 100 ponds being set aside for this currently and hopefully it will all come to fruition.

Please forgive me for being a little vague, even a bit glib this time. IIRC, about one or two years ago, there was a pretty humorous thread that Dr. Frankenbruce and AaronM participated in, describing some Tilapia antics and attributes. ewest, can ya help a guy out? ;\)

Last edited by Rainman; 02/02/10 09:05 AM. Reason: worn down sourcing 10K tilapia---NOT blues