Hi, I have a 3/4 ac pond with 6,12,and 18 ft depths, and an areator with a clay bottom and water from the well. I have had the pond full of water with the areator running for a year now with no fish put in. I have water oak tree limbs (very large) from 20 to 40 ft long and concrete scrap from a foundation placed at several different depths. I live in north florida and I finally put in 500 bluegill, 160 shell cracker and about 2500 minnows on 1-7-2010 from Shongaloo Fisheries in Hampton, Fl. which from what I can tell is a reputable fishery. I planned to put in 3-500 crawfish in june or so and 3-500 more bream at that time. By 1-1-2011 I plan to put in 50-75 bass and 250 crappie or pearch depending on who is listening. The hope is to have 5lb bass in less than 5 years, I hope. I have been feeding about a quart size container of FRM 38% CATFISH FINGERLING CRUMBLES every other day since 1-12-2010. I have seen no fish feeding at all on the food, none. There is approx.3 to 5 ft of visability in the pond. I thought things were going well due to the fact that I started smelling the strong odor of fish (not dead smell) last week which I assumed was a sign of spawning. Now in the last 3 days I have found 9 fish dead. It is obvious that they died at different times and they are not all the same types of fish. I noticed a few days ago that I had what looked like a zoo plankton bloom that was only on the surface for about 30 hrs or so, it went away very fast. I dont know weither I should be extremly worried or just so-so enough to keep an eye on things to see if they get worse. Anyone have opinions they would like to share?

I subscribe!