Actually the numbers he came up with are per acre from a study at UC Davis CA. And his pond is 25% larger. This is our local study, from the top ag university in the region. They are based on a high pond fertility rating. Even if you went average its 100-750 per surface acre, but he has 1 1/4. Personally I'd start there, but it's duck's pond so that's what he wants. The eventual problem there is the pond's fish bio mass capacity are going to be exceeded. Going to have to cull everything steadily or you can't get trophy fish. And these numbers are based on harvest of fish moderately to heavily.

They even have a Western stocking strategy. Minnows early Spring. Everything else, one month later. But CC can be done anytime before fall. The alternative is to get minnows and BG to spawn a couple of times and then put LMB in. My best results have been forage first. Let them find cover, spawn once if possible. Introduced bass have plenty of food.

UC Davis might be relatively unknown outside our area because they have a dink div 2 sports program, but they draw a lot of grads in, world class students, have state of the art research facilities and a bunch of money flowing in. When they put out a paper on ecology or the environment, I respect it.