Sounds like my experiences with the local aquaculturists is pretty much the status quo. If CA wasn't so lawsuit/permitting happy, then maybe more of the reputable guys could stay in business. It's amazing that it's easier to get sturgeon for a pond than bass, bluegills and redears!

Because of the frustrations that come with talking directly to these people, I've begun asking them all if they have a website that I could visit. My thinking is that then I won't really know how caustic the person is that I'm dealing with and I won't feel bad about sending them my business. The problem is that out of the eight or so that I've spoke to only two have websites.

Now, I'm no wiz at business, but I would think that this would be the most important way of getting my name out there. Without the poorly updated list from DFG how do people find these guys?

I'm convinced that this pond business is only for the tough skinned and hard headed!
DD

"I'd never be a member in a club that would have a guy like me as a member"....Groucho Marx