I have already told everyone that I want my ashes in the storm drain. That way I can haunt everyone that lives on this lake after I am gone.
Here is the gist of the article, (Carp, real menace or minor problem?- Danger posed by carp is questioned-experts disagree on what constitutes an invasion)
FACTS LISTED IN THE ARTICLE:

1. A few Asian carp have been found in Lake Erie since 1995, but there is no evidence they reproduced.

2. Earlier this month Asian Carp DNA was found in L.Mich, but no live one has been found.

3. In a large lake in Hungary similar to L. Mich where they are stocked there is no evidence that they have reproduced.

4. No evidence the carp will find L. Mich hospitable since they feed only on tiny plankton and there is less of that in L. Mich and Huron (Lake St. Clair too) because the Quagga and Zebra mussles have invaded and filtered much of it out of the water.

5. The food supply is as low in L. Mich as it has been in 40 to 50 years.

6. Lakes Mich & Huron (and Lake St. Clair)look more like pristine Lake Superior with water so clear it almost looks distilled.

7. The Carp would have a better chance in Lake Erie as it is warmer and the carp can tolerate real cold water, but possibly not thrive.

8. The fish need fast, long rivers to spawn in, and many rivers around Lake Mich are too short to satisfy that need. They will find food in polluted harbors around Chicago though.

9. The eggs need to be suspended for 2 days to survive; if they sink in slow water, they die.

10. However the Grand River, and the Fox and Maumee Rivers in Wisconsin and Ohio would be suitable to the fish.

11. They list two species BIGHEAD CARP (HYPOPHTHALMICHTUS NOBLIS): Up to 4 ft long and 80 lbs. Reported in open waters by early 1980's, they are found in 18 states. SILVER CARP (HYPOPHTHALMICHTHYS MOLITRIX) Up to 4 feet long and 40 lbs. Found in 12 states, including evidence of reproducing population in Louisiana and the Mississippi River.

12. Asian carp began escaping into rivers from catfish fish farms in Arkansas as early as the 1970's so it has taken them longer than most think to get here. They were brought in to control algae and floods washed them into the Miss. River in the 80's. They thrive in the Illinois River.

13. The State of Louisiana has approved plans to market the fish to restaurants and fish stores. They will be sold under the name "Silverfin" a nicer name.

They quote about 4 experts who have differing opinions, biologists, etc. Who knows?

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.