My wife Terry and I spent the four day New Year weekend at the cabin and gave it a very good cold weather test. For most of that time temps were in the single digits and wind chills below zero. We also had a nice snow one night.

First we needed some more firewood. Jerry Donner saved the day. My regular firewood guy was out of town and Jerry gave me what you see in the photo below. Jerry and his crew have basically done every thing that has been done on the farm except the carpentry. This includes clearing the trees and building the dam, building the fence, the road, the tornado shelter, all the concrete work, and welding whenever needed. A great guy and a great guy to know. He grew up in that area so when I need something he doesn't do he knows who I should call. I also buy my bison meat from him.

Jerry (on the right) and his right hand man Adam. Earlier in this thread are a lot of photos with Adam on one kind of big machine or another.

We had not stayed in the cabin when it had been this cold before so I was very interested in how comfortable it would be. It turned out to be quite comfortable with a big fire in the fireplace and occasional help from a small portable propane heater. We kept the kitchen counter area 60-65 which meant that everything closer to the fireplace was warmer than that. It was a fun time.

This deer photo was taken by one of Scott's deer cams on Christmas day across the lake from the cabin.