Although I wouldn't recommend that anyone, and this means 'professional' pond managers, as well as novices, combine electricity and water in any regards without proper knowledge and due-diligence, I think this is where I draw the line of agreance with Fishmans post and Greg's 'ditto'. Perhaps I am wrong but I am under the impression that PondBoss and in particular this website intend to bring both professional AND novice pond managers together to exchange questions, ideas, and solutions. If everyone was a so-called all knowing professional there wouldn't be a need for this site or magazine now would there?
Oh, and in case there is some confusion, a degree in biology or fisheries management does not make one an electrician nor electrical engineer which if you really get down to it, is what anyone building or using electronic equipment of this nature truly should be for utmost safety.
--I just wanted to add, above all else have fun, enjoy what we all love whether you are doing so as a living or as a hobby, and "save the drama for your mamma" to coin a phrase.

Owner/Builder of Ottawa Canada's first official off-grid home.

http://www.mygamepictures.com - Hosting your outdoor adventure, fishing, hunting and sports related pictures!