I'm sure you experts have already read this, but for those who haven't cheak it out.
http://www.ca.uky.edu/wkrec/BassTilapiaPolyculture.PDF
After more research of my area, I have discovered that the Blue tilapia is the common fish for my area, I think they can tolorate lower temps. So I plan to sein them from the local ponds and put them in mine. As well as TFshad, FHM, LMB. Sorry Bruce, no BG yet, I want to see if tilapia will bite and be more catchable if no BG are present, If their still hard to catch I'll stock BG next year. Im trying to determine what the stocking rate should be. MY question to the experts is based on this study? If 1 ha= 2.4 acres? and my pond is Apx 3 acres should i stock my bass at a higher stock rate than the usuall 100 p/ac (south). Say 125-150 p/acre assuming I have aprox 500-600 tilapia. What so Ya'll think?
In their study they put in 129-6oz bass with 590 tilapia in 2.4 Acres, only 49 bass survived and weighted about 1.3lbs after 6mths. in another pond they put in 494-5oz bass with 590 tilapia in 2.4 acres and 296 survived and weighed 1.2 lbs after six mths. (Huh?) Oh yea I'm trying to manage for trophy largemouth. But i Also want good numbers of bass if that's possible.