JHAP,
No update other than, I'm working on the engineering of the solar pumping plant that I'll be installing and the pond is slowly beginning to fill from the recent rains that we've had here.

The pond is a 1.25 acres and averages 6 feet deep with a few spots 10-12' or so. I've put in around 35 standing dead timbers, stumps and logs (lots of work with a post hole digger!) as well as two truck and trailer loads of boulders and river rock. I also added a couple of manzanita bushes and quite a bit of gravel for spawning beds etc.

I transplanted somewhere around 15 hard stem bulrush clumps (tules) also. They're pretty small so I'll likely fertilize them to get them going.

All in all I tried to put in as many different types of structure (channels, submerged humps, drop offs, ridges, verticle banks, etc)that I could fit into this size pond.

It's always been my dream to build my own pond in my backyard and I'm totally stoked to see it finally come to fruition.

I can't wait to sit in the back yard with a margarita and watch my girls (6 yrs, 4 yrs and 10 mons)catch fish after fish!

Bring on the rain!!!
DD

"I'd never be a member in a club that would have a guy like me as a member"....Groucho Marx