We went to the job this weekend with the hopes that I could get back up on the roof to finish trimming it out. I am very concerned to get the ridge cap on, gable to gable. We were only able to install 20 ft of the total 48 ft on our last attempt. In the meantime, any water that hits the roof at the peak can/will seep down behind the metal panels. In the short term, I don't think this will be a huge issue, but I still want it corked up.
-
Upon arriving, it was snow flurries as expected and forecasted. It never stopped all weekend. All roof activities were officially cancelled.
That's not all bad cuz the alternate project is also a huge step of progress.
We brought the truck, packed with 150 feet of 1.250" PVC conduit and 100 feet of 1" conduit, along with all the fittings. 500 feet of 6 ga and a suitable length of 8 ga wire completed the kit.
When the electric company was out last week, during our last day of installing roof panels, the ditch witch trenching rig was on site finishing up the main power installation. I caught the operator on the side and worked a deal to have him cut another trench between the garage (starting right at the same main service that he just finished installing) and running over to our 10 x 12 cabin home. It worked out great.
-

-

-

4 days later, in the flurries of snow, Dski and I laid in the conduit and fittings and pulled the wire. We now have 60 amps into our little temporary living quarters. This really up's the ante for our stays. No more generator...YeeHaw!
It will be the final link to all the other underground wiring we installed last year. We will reverse the wires coming in from the generator shed and send the utility power back to it for lighting and what-not. The wiring out to the covered dock will receive the same AC power benefits. It really ties together all the projects that we have been working on for the past 4+ years.
-
The only "mess" that I had to leave hanging was the entrance of the new conduit into the 10 x 12 cabin. We had to pull up short with the trencher because we were close to the existing underground conduit. There is about 15 feet of hand digging to be done that I just don't have the time for right now, particularly on the cusp of winter.

We will wait until spring when the ground is softer and the weather is more cooperative...and I try to find a day to fight the rock hard clay with a pick axe and shovel. We'll back out the wires and finish the run directly into the shed. In the meantime, tho, keep the inspector away and enjoy the freedom of utility power.