I personally don't understand why the Cadillac and Lexus companies (Sweeney and Texas Hunter, ahem) don't make a feeder just a little closer to the price range of the cheapos. Look at how many more people bought Beamers and Mercedes once those companies came out with downsized, cheaper (relatively) models.

I think if either company referenced above came out with a standing directional feeder in the $300 price range, Aquapro, Moultrie, OnTime, etc. would go out of business within a year. At the very least, I think Sweeney or TH would make a lot of money. (And a lot of us that can't afford them now would have better, more reliable feeders.)

I bought a Moultrie Feedcaster recently, their top-of-the-line, and it will throw 600, but it also throws most of the food within a few feet of the bank. As in easy bank range for any kingfisher that should come along (and there are plenty around these ponds). If either of the quality companies made a standing feeder in this price range I'd never look at another Moultrie or Aquapro.