So we made it out to our farm today and got some cool pics. The neighbors with tractors had generally cleared the main road into the area, but our fields were unspoiled with any tracks. So I promptly drove the truck up our road! Actually didn't have any problems even with the snow as deep as it was - still probably a solid 14".

Anyway, got to shoot some pics of the ponds. Here is a panoramic shot of our big pond. Pretty much everything you see in the pic is on our land.

[img][/img]

This shot of the small pond is at the far end of the previous pic, situated up and behind the far end of the big pond.

[img][/img]

This one is continuing on to the left of the small pond in the previous pic, showing our nearly finished 16 x 20 "barn." We were planning to knock out the rest of the work yesterday morning but, obviously, the weather put a little damper on that plan.

[img][/img]

Here are our daughters, trudging through the snow on their way to look at the ice on the small pond. No efforts to test thickness were made today, just taking a look and marveling as only 7 and 10 year old kids can do!

[img][/img]

And a final shot, from the big pond, where the muskrats have decided to congregate during this stretch. The picture was from further away than my lens wanted to go for good detail, but there are at least 6 of the little buggers sitting there, mocking me and my lack of a firearm today. It was actually pretty cool and the kids loved seeing all of them.

[img][/img]

All in all, a great day of enjoying the snow. School is canceled for tomorrow, so I may take the kids out there and spend some time sledding with them. I love this weather!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB