Admittedly, I have negleted Pond Boss but I finally have some updates to report. Since my last post, I have had some drama at my pond but I think I am past the growing pains and on my way to a well producing pond.

As my fellow Texans will confirm, we had a really bad drought for about 2 years. All of that changed for us in August and we started to get rain. When we got our first rain, my pond turned brown and the fish just disappeared. I didn't really see too many dead along the bank but I did see a few. I think the pond turned and I had an oxygen deprivation problem so I installed an areator. Now, the pond has stayed pretty green and the fish are visible when the feeders go off - although NOT NEARLY AS MUCH as I saw them before the oxygen problem. You can see the bubbles from one of the areator diffusers on the 3rd picture.

Unfortunately, I really don't know how many fish I lost but I do think that I lost some. I have therefore stocked some additional BG since I installed my areation system and I am considering some more BG, shad, and FHMs next weekend. They probably won't reproduce this year but at least they'll be ready for next spring.

I have some ducks that I bought and put on my pond. They are domesticated Roens drakes and a few female mallard hens. Last year the hen laid eggs around the base of a tree but a varmit got the eggs so this year I am building some duck boxes. I built one and I am going to build a few more.