Just because this thread is running, I want to recall an old pal of mine that used to do some really nice aerial photography. His name is Bill.
Bill's dad owned a couple of smaller airports in the south Chicago suburbs. Bill was an excellent pilot and taught flight school. As a hustler, he also specialized in aerial photography. He always used the same method. He explained it to me a couple of times, and I don't recall the specific details, but the basic gist was simple. He would go up in a small aircraft, usually with Jack (another mutual pal and pilot). Jack would control the plane while Bill would open the door and step out onto the wing with his SLR and take photos of the subject. Crazy.
Bill was pretty nutty. Heck, we were drinkin' pals for many years. He would take me up for a flight now and then to goof off. He always let me play Superman. We would go up in a 6 seater Cherokee and I would lay down in the middle of the fuselage, face down, with my arms outstretched while he put the plane into a dive. I always hurt my back on the dome light on the ceiling.