Shawn, LMB are double tough to control in a small pond. They can easily overpopulate and eat themselves out of house and home. Been there twice, done that, got the cap and a patch.

If you go for a 1/2 acre pond that you love to fish out of, consider about 250 bluegills, 50 redear and 200 channel cat. I'd go for one to 2 inch bluegills. The cats will get some but they'll also eat fatheads. Set up a feeder and be prepared to catch and eat catfish and bluegill. Toss in a couple of pounds of fatheads. When you catch enough of the cats, put some more in. You'll have a ball. Some hybrid bluegills are OK in a situation like this but they don't really get any bigger than regular bluegills. I don't see the benefit.

Or, if you really want to be a star, follow Cecils lead and ask for his thoughts on monster trout.

Remember the guy is selling fish. Read between the lines on that statement.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP