I've been digging through this site for a few days now. I've heard nothing but good things from the guys over on the TractorByNet forums, and that's how I first found this site. I've seen guys say things like, "BTW, we never get tired of it. We're junkies," so I guess it's open season, here goes...

I've got a pond in Southern Indiana (near Jasper) that I think is ready to be stocked. I had it dug last September. I think it'll be about a 1/2 acre when full and should be 14'-15' deep. It's got about 3' of height yet to fill, but I dont' think that'll take too long. There are 3 large stumps in the bottom along with some clay drainage tile I've put in the shallows for cover.

My goal is to have plenty of fish to catch and eat. I love to fish for whatever, bass, catfish, panfish, it doesn't matter. I'm not out for trophies of any kind, but I don't want a million 4 inch bluegills either.

I talked to a local fish supplier last night and he has the following available:

6"-8" CC
1"-2" BG
3"-4" BG
3"-4" HBG
3"-4" RES (Red-Ear Sunfish, right abbreviation?)
4"-6" LMB
Fathead minnows

I'd love to have a wide variety of fish to catch, but I'm thinking my area will only allow for the typical panfish, channel cats, and large mouths. I've seen guys talking about hybrid stripers, would that be an option for me? Are there any other fish out there that might work for me? I'd love to have crappie, but have seen what they can do to bigger ponds than mine, so I won't even try that.

I think that about covers it, what do you guys recommend for numbers, when to stock, other advice?

Thanks a bunch!