Yeah, the guy who owns the property to the east of ours has an automatic feeder. You can hear it going off from a mile away... I suspect many a morning when I am not seeing anything I know right where they are! HAHA I use a gravity feeder so I don't have to mess around with batteries and can feed protein pellets.

There are a lot of good cameras out there. Much of it depends on what you want to spend and just how good a quality picture you need/desire... Some brands really tout trigger speed, basically the time it takes for the camera to activate and take the picture once the animal triggers it. Cuddeback, a fairly expensive brand is really big on touting their trigger speed. When setting up on a game trail, this can be important as by the time the camera triggers the animal may have already walked by leaving you with an empty pic. But if you are just setting it up on a game feeder, it has little importance as the animal is just gonna be there stuffing it's face...

I've been using game cameras since 2004, back when they were all film. I have owned several different brands so if you need advice on setting them up, where to put them etc, feel free to ask... I really think you will enjoy them!