Thanks for the camera recommendations, Travis. I just found another thread on cameras under the Product Sources heading that Brettski just revived from last year. Haven't read all of it, but there are several comments about the Moultrie there as well, along with some other interesting comments on other brands. This may end up as a Christmas gift idea!

The feeder seems to be drawing them in well. A buddy of mine who helped me do some work at the farm bow hunted a few weeks ago during a one week early bow season WV implemented this year. While he was in his stand near this feeder, he watched 17 deer, 6 coons, and bunch of other small animals and birds come and go. An interesting thing was that the deer weren't yet ready to hang around when the feeder went off, but seemed to know when it was 7:15 a.m. as they all walked away right before it went off. He thought maybe a big buck or a coyote or something was coming because of the way the other deer all trotted off, but then the feeder went off right after they had all disappeared. He didn't realize it was set for that time and it gave him a little start as well! Another friend who helped me build this one and it's twin (which has yet to be placed) said that the deer will spook for awhile, but after some time they get totally used to the sound and the flying corn and that it will act like a Pavlovian dinner bell for them. I saw that firsthand at one of his last year - within 10 minutes of it going off, I shot a really nice doe who, along with about 5 others and a little spike buck, had walked in.

So, long and short, I bet you're right on that I'd get hooked on seeing what's coming to feed and, like you, I really do like the idea of getting great pics almost as much as shooting something (though I do like shooting stuff!).

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB