Some conference antics:

The “Bent Hook” market and marina was a site to behold. There were schools of bluegill swimming around the place. I caught TomG in the middle of planting an anti-personnel mine on the entrance walkway. Once my deathray laser sight illuminated his shirt he promptly surrendered…

Once inside the Bent Hook there was an opening in the floor onto the water below. Through the opening you could see BG and several turtles swimming around. There was a machine filled with fish food that you could buy and throw to the fish. Bruce informed me that he had decided to perform and informal fish food test and that I was going to assist him in this test. He and I walked up to his truck and loaded a zip lock bag with two different types of fish food. He handed me the ziplock bag and turned back his back to close up the truck. When he turned back around, I informed him that the Aquamax tasted like a cross between tuna, salmon, anchovies and beef jerky. To which Bruce replied "Idiot, I intend to test the food on the fish and not you, now give me back the ziplock bag before you eat it all." He then grabbed the bag from my hands. Although I thought Bruce had treated me rather harshly I felt it was a nice snack and well worth some minor humiliation. Little did he know that I had put some in my pocket for later, who's the idiot now Bruce????

We re-entered the marina and approached the fish viewing area. Bruce threw some of the food in and the fun began. Not only did the fish love the Aquamax but out of the depths came a respectable LMB that we had not previously seen. You can't tell from the photo but the guys are looking past a suspended boat into the water below, from the left this is Aaron (taking a photo), James Holt, Bruce Condello and Eric West…

Inside the marina/market Dr. Condello demonstrates the Condello Method of Photography with a can of Mountain Dew. Immediately after I showed this photo to Theo, believing that Bruce had discovered that the rare and elusive 22oz Mountain Dew can, he tackled Bruce and searched his backpack. Theo was not happy to discover that (1) he was taken in by the Condello Method of Photography and in fact the can only contained 12 ounces and (2) it was regular and not diet Mountain Dew. I was careful not to show Theo any additional photos…

Upon realizing that he didn’t win the fishing tournament, TomG asked Sue Cruz if she could hold something for a moment, before thinking she reached out her hand and Tom handed her a stick of dynamite and began to light it. There was an outbreak of nervous laughter by those folks that didn’t know Tom. Those of us that did know Tom, well we ran, fast!

Last edited by ewest; 09/22/09 04:28 PM.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)