Hello, QOTL, and welcome to the Forum.

NOTE: I see you have met JHAP. I hope you will treasure him as much as we do.

Most of us here have much smaller BOW (bodies of water) than 450 acres. However, the professional pond/lake managers in residence routinely deal with lakes around that size, and I believe there is a fair amount of experience present now on aerating them.

Trouble is, many of us and virtually all the Pros are getting ready to go to our semisesquiannual (what the heck IS the word that means "every 15 months"?) convention later this week. Many will be incomputicado for a week or so, so if we don't get you some good info within that time, please hang with us and give your question a bump to the top in 8-9 days.

I also ask you to contribute to our knowledge of what I would deem partial aeration of large BOW - your aeration of your inlet. First hand reports of the positive effects from a small area, lower cost than whole lake aeration approach would be enlightening and interesting. (We love pictures, by the way).

The March-April 2008 issue of PBMag had a special large section on aeration and at least one article specifically addressed large BOW aeration (I am sure the other articles also had information which would be of use to you). The entire 2008 year's worth of issues can be ordered with this link, but if you follow the contact instructions at the bottom of that page, I am sure the efficient and helpful staff at Pond Boss World Headquarters will get you just the March-April 2008 issue if you are interested (single back issues can be order from a copy of PBMag, but I can't find the single issue order form on the web right now) - assuming they aren't already out of town for the convention.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]