Originally Posted By: eddie_walker
I haven't used Advantech materials yet, but I'm seeing it more and more. Mostly on commercial jobs like banks that are springing up everywhere. Do you have to tape the edges to get the waterproof seal?

The lumber yard/truss mfgr that supplied the 2nd floor framing system and the roof trusses gave the Advantech as an option when they quoted the 2nd floor subfloor. I had never heard of it before, but was aware of the weather resistant products out there. I expected it to be ultra-expensive, but was pleasantly surprised when it came in at $22 sheet delivered. It is 3/4" thick, T&G on the long edge. I googled and researched it and could not find one bad story about it. Everyone seemed to rave about it. I called Advantech and talked with their tech support. It is similar to OSB, but the glue is an epoxy resin product. It is not a coating, but consistently water resistant throughout the mass. At $22 per sheet, it was a no-brainer.
 Quote:
Did you use pressure treated sill plates on your walls?

Absolutely, and 3-1/2" coated deck screws to attach it to the studs.
 Quote:
Did you put down any other type of sealant or barrier under your sill plates?

Protecto Seal....amazing stuff!
 Quote:
Congrats on your progress.

Thank you. It is very slow and arduous, but it's the best that a couple of ham-and-eggers like Donna and I can do when we have to travel a significant distance to get to the jobsite.