Cecil,
There are 5 different pelleted versions with different release options. I used (Sonar One) from the professional applicator side of Sepro. It was very easy to apply. I used a hand held, the kind that wraps around your arm, grass seeder. It worked perfect. I choose the pellets because of my pond situation. The pond is spring feed at a 10gpm flow. My thought about the pellets were as follows:

1.)They allowed exact placement for the more intense areas.
2.)They put the chemical where it needed to be
3.)The type I choose released the chemical in stages. It was like a time delay release. For example 33% would release in day one, another 33% at day 4, and the final 33% at day 7. The %'s are just for example, but you get the idea. This was a concern do to the flow of my pond and the possibility of a rain purging the chemical.
4. With pellets I could go back and hit the remaining areas very easily with out having to treat the whole pond.

The active ingredient (Fluridone) will disperse through out the pond on its own. I basically stayed away fro my outfall figuring it would migrate that way through the water and indeed it did exactly that.

The restrictions on Sonar are extremely minimal and Sonar is very friendly to the environment and to humans. The whole concept is pretty simple, it blocks photosynthesis in the plant.

If you decide to go with it I will be more then happy to provide you with a contact person at Sepro that was extremely helpful. I guess for the kind of money they get for this stuff they ought to send a guy out with it.

Esshup,
My label specifically states that it will not control Chara.