I will remember 40 degrees and thanks for the attaboy on the plywood over the mote. It is either ant poison, vasoline, or some type of liquid. I just thought about using motor oil or transmission fluid or something like that because they don't evaporate, but everytime I clean my mote, all I do is dump it out into a plant pot and it would be a hassle to be dumping oil a couple times a month and anyways.... The weather around here is getting down to 60 at night and getting up to about 95 in the daytime. I am keeping lots of coffee grounds in the tops of the containers to keep the temperatures at night above 80 degrees, preferrably 100 degrees so my munchers keep munching.

Over the last ten days or so, my chickens have now added the area below the porch as a food source in their morning stroll. And get this! Jackie, our top of the totem pole hen is now roosting on the edge of the porch right next to the larvae. I am jealous, my wife always wants me to go in the house to sleep. I will have to come up with a way to direct her poop right into the tote for the little guys to have fresh manure.

My son and the neighbor used some of the Larvae that was in the frig. for fishbait the other day. They caught a brim/bluegill on one. I just need to get the word out that I have the bait.

When you start a new, or say restart in the spring, do you put just larvae and food, or do you have the larvae in some peat, dirt, etc.