For Lk Vilbig; Al K.: There are two freshwater glass or grass shrimp and two marine/brackish water small 1"-1.5" shrimp that could be in your area. Most likely you have the fw Palaemonetes kadiakensis. Other possibility is P.paludosus both the fw forms. P.paludosus is common in FL.

The scuds Hyalella and Gammarus are not only different species but they are different genera. The two most common species are Gammarus fasciatus and Hyalella azetca. There are nearly 100 species in this group of amphipods. Hyalella is about three times smaller than G. fasciatus. I typically see Hyalella in nonchemicalized ponds but rarely see G.fasciatus in ponds with high fish numbers. I think that G.fasciatus is easier prey than Hyalella due to size. I've tried to introduce G.fasciatus into a weeded pond twice and so far no noticable survival. Whereas Palaemonetes have survived well in the pond.
ARE THERE ANY READERS OF THIS THAT HAVE ENOUGH NUMBERS OF GRASS SHRIMP TO SELL A FEW? Please provide a name and contact information for those that would be interested. Thanks a lot.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management