Mom's Update! WOOHOOOO!!!!

Right now Matt is on a flight back to KC!! He has 2 nurses with him, 2 pilots and 2 assistants! The plane will be landing about 1:00/1:30 and then he will be on an ambulance to Children's Mercy Hospital - downtown. Of course, Nonnie and I will be waiting at the hospital for Matt to arrive. As soon as I know what room, visiting hours, etc...I will update the site. I will be staying the night with Matt tonight and Bob's flight gets in after 10 pm. We will continue to take turns spending the night with him.

Again, thank you sooooooo very very much for your thoughts and prayers and we would love for everyone to continue, if you don't mind? Matt has a long - long road to recovery. We are praying he will get the same wonderful care as he did in Little Rock. Everyone at both hospitals were WONDERFUL, the hotel: Markham House Suites too! Everyone there helped us in so many ways! We even met someone thru my cousin. Lauri Holtz - she brought us 2 delicious dinners! Thank You Lauri.

Also, a very special 'THANK YOU' to the person(s) who took care of our trip; our flights and our stay at the hotel. So generous and thoughtful! It was one less worry and we appreciate everything! Thank You!

I (we) are looking forward to the day Matt is healthy and we can help others that are in a similar situation. While I was at the hospital, I came up with a few ideas.

(for Matthew) You, Lord, protect me and You preserve my life; You bless me. You sustain me on my sickbed and restore me from my bed of illness. Psalm 42:11

peace-light & love, The Hernan's

Last edited by trialsguy; 08/21/09 03:40 PM. Reason: for the WOOOHOOO!

A little snow, Please!