We have an amazingly clear lake, with zero scum or bubbles in the am in my area, which we have had forever. Large LM Bass have been spotted (the lake is so clear) so there is an effort back on to get them and move them, before the fish kill again in the fall.
Can I use a nylon to try and look at the zooplankton population? It must coming back, wouldn't that account for a lot of the clarity? They sure stressed the Daphinia (sp?) at the Lake Leader Institute Class on zooplankton.
Will be interesting to see how long before next treatment is needed, and what happens in a large rain event, since the drains were cleaned in the spring.
We are pretty sure we know who the vandal was. I think someone's summer was ruined who likes to have his 23-26 year old buddies over to fish. Person has a record too, and has pulled pranks before. We will try to obtain his help in bringing LM back, and give him one of the Spawning Boxes we had made (still sitting here at my work)for his place. His parent's place is very close to me. SILVER LINING HERE: Now GF LakeChair has the perfect reason to make sure we get a BALANCED FISHERY RESTOCKING PLAN, the idea of "LMBass only and don't tell anyone" won't fly now. God works in funny ways.
Mr. Goody Two Shoes GFLC Hubby better just get over me. GF LakeChair and I can move mountians, so many try to drive a wedge between us, we cannot let that happen.

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.