Brad;

The pit is going well, I rehabbed the east shoreline and the northern most island shoreline with riprap rock....some 100 tonnes plus and created a buffer zone up from the waters edge some 10-20' planted with ornamental grasses, shrubs, periennials and native trees, mostly spruce, red maples and white birch trees for contrast, in 2004. This year, I plan on finishing the back part of the east shoreline, building an 900 sq ft. addition full of glass out towards the lake onto the house. In the future, I will regrade the southern exposured backyard after the addition and use one 8-10,000 gal pump to pump the lake water up to a waterfall, 2-3 ornamental ponds and some 300' of streambeds and near the addition before the water cycles back into the lake in a "U" shaped pattern. Therefore, I'm hoping I won't need any bio-filters etc, as the water will continuously be recycled from the natural lake water and environment which already has clear pit water.

The lake, is growing very nicely and the domestic ducks and geese seem to be a real benefit, if not for natural fertilization but definitely in controlling weed growth around our shallow gravel pit. How is your lake plans/project coming...? I think we all have come a long ways with the great help from this forum and its knowledgeable contributors. Thanks All

Rowly

PS. Brad...have you ever considered "cage culture" for any species of your fish for grow-out etc. I really would love to try a few Hybrid Stripped Bass in this environment to help grow by hand feedings, experiment and enjoy, when I have spare time...HA!HA!