Well thought out, well written post.

Im not the expert, so you need Lusk to let you know the problems with your scenario.

Couple of thoughts. First, with well water entering your pond, which is around 65 degrees year round in Dallas, would your talapia stay alive in the winter? If so, you would have the option of not emptying your brood pond (not having to buy new talapia every spring) and having a continual supply of talapia.

Secondly, couldn't you seine about half of the brood pond every month or so, eat the big ones, and toss the small ones into the large pond for fish food? There is your continual supply of feeder fish, both for you and the bass.

Lastly, how do talapia behave with flowing water, would they all swim through your drain system and into the big pond? If so, a screen to stop this is in order. Suggest mesh big enough to allow a continual supply of small ones to get through into the big pond.

I am also from Dallas, if you put this into operation, I would like to see it. Email me at fisherfesser@yahoo.com if you are interested in showing it off.

Nick Smith