Ok update.

I fished tonight for 2 hours, and i fished strictly with night crawlers on the bottom. I caught 5 Brown Bullhead Catfish pretty big ones. and i also caught 3 BG , also considered big for the area, they were in the 4-6 inch range, thats a pretty big BG in Washington. And also caught one 8 inch bass.

So I guess this lake isnt in as bad of shape as i previously thought. But i think it still needs some attention.

Walt ,

I dont really know how to target Trophy BG, it could be fun, But as you thought , the main species of interest is LM. My first thought was actually to stock Tiger Muskie , but thought that might be a last resort, since we want to mainly catch LM .

ewest,

As far as i know , this lake has been around for along time. i hate to venture, but longer than all of us, its a natural lake , my friends bought the property a years ago, but never used the lake for anything but canoeing . When i met them 2 years ago i started fishing the lake. They have never done any kind of stocking to the lake. Also its not creek fed . Today I also walked around as much of the lake as I possibly could , And i actually did see about 11 BG beds . about a foot in diameter , most of them had a BG guarding , but not all... I didnt know BG spawned this late in the season or I would have looked for BG beds sooner.

With this updated information what are the suggestions on how to move forward.