As requested, I would like to add my cabin by my pond and a little back ground on how I ended up with it. I work for a rural water district and was out making a tap on the waterline and inspecting a customers tie into the system when I causally said to him that he had a really cool tree house which was about 200 feet from the road where we were at, That's when he asked me if I wanted it? I said sure do! And he says you better go look at it before you tell me you want it, I said I am telling you right now I want it! been like 2 other guys said the same thing but once they were up close they couldn't figure out how to get it down without disassemble of it. from the road it looks to be about 5 feet off the ground but once you get closer you notice that it is 10 foot in the air. SO I went and studied the lay out of how it was built, which it was built on a deck in the tree of 11' x 15' if I remember right. My modo has always been never pass up the opportunity to help somebody out, Well it was time to call in some favors. I called my wife's cousin John who happens to be a elevator man and had him come out and have a look at it. He says no problem we can get it down, I asked if it would be in one piece? he says oh you want it down intact not disassembled? I told him that I wanted to take it down whole which changed things up in his mind. He says I think we can but you will have to have a trailer wide enough to set it on and trailer it the 4.5 miles to the house. I said no problem and started fabricating a special deck on top of my brother 19' trailer. We got up a game plan in which we were going to use his very long chain host to lower it down using the trees that it was anchored too, only problem was the front of the tree house was set on poles which wouldn't allow us to lower it down safely. Key word being Safely. He was talking to a buddy of his that works at a heavy machinery place and he asked a few questions and said he had the perfect machine that he could demo for me out at the house for the weekend. I was contacted and told that the equipment was at the house already, I was expecting a forklift of sorts but was there was a huge sky lift all wheel drive auto leveling 45' boom 20k lift capacity machine. It would have handled the whole thing had I had long enough forks to reach all the way under. So we attached the chain hoist in the back and propped up the front with the boom lift and chained down the mast so it wouldn't slip off the forks and cut away the supports and lowered it down and backed the trailer underneath it and strapped it down, unfortunately I didn't get pictures of it strapped on the trailer. I had it all figured out for the road trip to the house in which we had 5 low utility lines being 1 power and a couple phone and cable lines that had to be lifted up as we passed underneath them with long 2x4's held up by my buddies on each side. You should have seen the look of people when we passed them on the road. I already had the post set in concrete and removed a couple of trees but I didn't want to take down too many as I wanted lots of cover, only through all this I thought I had it all figured out except that I didn't think about placement of the cabin on the trailer. My plan was to just back it down to the post and set it up, Oops that would put the front door facing away from the pond and that wouldn't work. So I had to drop a big oak tree. I was then able to snake my way down through the post and the tree with truck and trailer. I ended up getting the truck and trailer bound up to where I couldn't move forward or backwards without running into either the cabin or hitting trees with my truck, then one of the great work hands that had signed up for this project said unhook the trailer and use the boom lift and walah! I was out of a pinch slicker then snot, just scooped up the trailer and moved it enough to get out.Picture Time you probably seen most of the already Down on the ground finally! was a little nerve racking for a little while. Here it is after it was relocated to our place A winter shot I cant find the good indoor pictures so I will try to describe to you. first of all it is insulated and sheet rocked with hardwood floors, maple I think? with a loft with ladder on each side with light and ceiling fan in peaked ceiling with a small front and rear porch, I added a small roof over the back porch to keep the rain off the back door.Picture of the loft Front door We used the cabin for a Christmas cards the first couple years. As you can see from this picture of my family that I am truly a blessed man and thank the Lord everyday for what he has provided for me and my family.

A little snow, Please!