Hello everyone. I have a pond that I am getting ready to aerate. I've been reading through all the posts and have learned a lot but would like summarize my plan and get any feedback before I begin. Here it goes: My pond is about 1/8 acre, oval shaped, 10 feet deep with an average depth of about 8 feet. It has grass all around with woods beyond the grass so I get a lot of leaves in it. I have had success controlling FA with barley straw. I had a serious fish kill last winter and lost almost all my fish (low water and lots of ice and snow). Pond was stocked initially with BG, RES, HBG, LMB, CC, HSB, FHM and Grass Carp. My 2 grass carp and a few bluegills were all that survived. This spring I added 3 lbs FHM and the pond is now teeming with them. I just had 200 amp service installed at the edge of my property (much cheaper than running electric back into the woods). I will eventully run wire back to the pond but plan on getting started by just running the airline on top of the ground.I will be installing a 1/4 HP Gast rocking piston compressor with an output of 1.5 cfm and running about 500 feet of 1/2 inch black polyethylene tubing through the woods to the pond with a single rubber membrane diffuser rated 1 - 3 cfm that will be placed in the middle of the pond. I plan to initially aerate 1/2 hour and then double daily for a week until I am at full time and then restock to levels recommended by my local fish supplier after a couple weeks of full go aeration. Would appreciate any advice to help minimize my chances of messing things up. Thanks.

Gary Franks