I have a similar pond in East Texas. Here is a photo

It was impounded in 1972 when a small ravine was dammed. It is therefore long and skinny. About 600 feet long and probably around 1.4 acres. Sides are pretty steep and deepest water is 13 to 15 feet in the middle. The pond sits in the midst of a pine/hardwood forest and the bottom and sides are strewn with downed timber.

It is spring fed by strong springs and the water is very clear.

I bought the pond only 3 years ago and it had fish in it. We have caught LMB and BG, so I know they are in the pond. We have tried to catch catfish to no avail, but the previous owner said he stocked catfish. (and we have not seen any either).

When I bought the property most of the LMB we caught were between 10" and 13", but caught a few that were 19" to 21". BG have been as big as 10-12". The bass were skinny and my consultant lso noted that the LNB could use a dose of new genetics. So he recommended that I stock 1000 CNBG in the 2" to 3" range. Because it was mid-summer, CNBG were hard to come by, but I ended up stocking 500 BG/RES (80%-20%) mix in June 2007. But they were only 1" to 3". To supplement this, we stocked 15 pounds of Tilapia that were 3" to 6".

My focus was getting the bass fatter. I added Tilapia the follow spring, but did not do so this year because the Tilapia apparently overwinter in my pond. Maybe it has to do with the spring water being warm enough. LMB are bigger and healthier looking that they were before but no 5 pounders caught. I can see some pretty good size ones cruising the shallows but its hard for me to know how big they are. My fish are hard to catch or else I am not a good fisherman. I have been considering a bow to get some of the now huge Tilapia. I have caught many hand-size blue gill as the Tilapia have seen to help the blue gill get better established--although I have a theory that the Tilapia can interfere with BG spawning.

I started a BG feeding program but the #%&&&!!# raccoons destroyed my cheap feeder. But I plan on starting it again next spring. I think that I can grow 4-5 pound bass. I just need to figure out how to catch them. (I have read all the posts about hook-shy bass and am starting to believe it).

I like catching the big blue gill on a fly rod and a 20" LMB on a 4 wt rod is all the fishing fun of a bigger fish on heavier tackle. I fish my for a Native Watercraft 14.5 Kayak because the brush around the sides is too much for me and it is sort of like fishing a river. I think a narrow pond has more "fishable" water because it has more shoreline per acre if water. don't know how scientific that conclusion is.

Bottom line, a pond like the one you describe can be very satisfying. (Although I did just make another post about making my pond bigger :))