Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Totally agree, Travis. I simply want a chance to grow 15-18" fish and bring friends and tell them to throw a tube jig and hold on. I could stock regular Crappie - but would have to select Female only, and I can only sex them on beds. [that sounded pretty interesting!]

I'd also like to stock fish in my main pond...but they'd have to be single sex or triploids - or both, to be completely safe.

Does Todd ever chime in on the forum these days?

He just sent me my bill for my LCS a couple days ago, so I know he is around... If he doesn't chime in, maybe we can PM him and see if he thinks it's feasible. The ability to stock crappie into your main fishing pond knowing their competition with other fish will be minimal and their management very easy is what I think many are looking for. About the only way I see of having crappie in a main pond is to keep the bass numbers very high. I know of only few small ponds where the crappie fishing is respectable and all of them have overpopulated stunted bass. Even with that the crappies run 10"-12" with a 15" fish being large.