Originally Posted By: adirondack pond
Time to try out the fish cage,I caught a couple of PS's which were only 5", but decided to put them in the fish cage untill I got some bigger ones, well they were magical fish cause they disappeared.
I couldn't find them even with a spot light at night so the next day I hoisted the cage up, no fish.
I screwed up by not putting more zip ties on the bottom fencing and they squeezed thru little gaps, that's next weeks project, this time I'll do it right.

AP,

Been there done that. You'll only do that once! I put a bunch of small bluegills in a cage to feed train them. One day I came out and could have swore I saw a couple of bass in the cage and a lot less bluegills. I was right. I forgot to zip tie a section of the bottom of this 10 foot by 10 foot cage and bass were coming in and bluegills were getting the heck out!

Now when I build a cage or pull one for cleaning I give it a really good inspection looking for damage or missing zip ties.

Is it possible you don't have an algae problem because of your stained water?

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.