esshup, I am adding grass clippings starting today...I'm not sure how many is enough or too much. I'm going to try this before adding alum. I will take a water sample in to our hot tub store for analysis...after $7800 they'd better test it for free!

I want to mimic what I remember as a kid at my grandfather's place...a pond that is interesting for kids, comfortable for adults to be around. Maybe some fishing with the grandkids.

Jeff, my Nova has been on jackstands in the shop for a year and a half...but I swear I'll get back to working on it as soon as I have time (haha, been saying that for the past year). I'm remodeling a 1986 Bayliner Capri 1950 bowrider right now. Sometimes, I think I'm ADD...

Eddie, the pond filled up within about three good rains this Spring. Of course, North Texas is beautiful this year. We've had good rain at well spaced intervals.

I jave been feeding about half a coffee can of floating feed every day or two. I don't think they're trained yet, but I have been feeding around the same time (early evening) when I do. Someimes they eat, sometimes it's washed up on the shoreline the next moring.

I'll take your advice on the minnows...next time I hear of a fish truck coming to town, I'll buy again. How many do you recommend?

Thanks for your positive words. Wife isn't as excited about it as I am, but I think that'll change when the water clears and I get some vegetation in and around the pond.